ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST / SONOGRAPHER
Full-time Day Shift
Connected Health Care has been engaged by a renowned healthcare system near Indianapolis, IN seeking a full-time staff Sonographer. This is a great opportunity to join a team of friendly and driven people in a community-based hospital that puts their employees first!
Essential Functions of the Role
- Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the sonographic examination.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Ensure that the sonography examination order is complete, contains relevant information, and meets the standard of “medical necessity.”
- Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient’s inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
- Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer.
- Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered by the supervising physician in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
- Except as authorized by written facility policies and procedures, refer specific diagnostic, treatment or prognosis questions to the appropriate physician or healthcare professional.
- As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Review examination images, synthesize examination results, and prepare the preliminary findings.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws (e.g., HIPAA) and facility policies, and procedures.
- Provide patient services consistent with the Scope of Practice and Clinical Standards for the Diagnostic Sonographer.
- Demonstrated competence in the specialty area(s) to be performed, including sonographer certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and/or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs used for documentation activities and report generation.
- State sonographer licensure, where applicable.
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Austin Copeland – Senior Executive Recruiter
(512) – 759 – 8884