Service Centre Assistant
Marketing and Customer Engagement | Hobart Metropolitan, Greater Hobart region
Closing date: 12/01/2022
Casual position available working across sites at Hobart CBD, Glenorchy & Sorell
Anglicare Tasmania is a non-profit organisation providing a wide range of community services to the people of Tasmania. We are part of the national Anglicare Australia network of organisations. Anglicare advocates for social justice and aids people in times of need. We provide programs relating to ageing and disability, health, housing, families, drug and alcohol treatment and support and more.
We are looking for a new addition to join our busy Service Centre team and deliver a welcoming and friendly frontline service to both customers and staff.
The job involves handling inbound calls, greeting customers in a reception environment and using databases and systems. It is fast–paced and will suit someone resilient, genuine and who enjoys interacting with a diverse range of people.
Joining the team at Anglicare Tasmania means:
- Becoming part of a well-established and respected, values driven organisation
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging
- Flexible shifts, on the job training and continued professional development
What we are looking for in an applicant:
- People who reflect our values of Respect, Compassion, Hope and Justice
- Great communicators and excellent listeners
- Super organisational skills and no fear of technology
- Applicants that are open to flexible hours and locations
Successful applicants must be willing to:
- Provide a Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Registration (employment category);
- Present a Tasmania Police schedule 1 National Police Certificate (no older than 12 months);
- provide an International Police Check if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia after the age of 16;
- Undertake a satisfactory Anglicare assessed medical;
- provide evidence of a booking for a COVID-19 vaccine, a copy of your COVID-19 Digital Certificate or a vaccination exemption;
- Possess a valid Driver Licence and reliable transport to be able work across our Hobart CBD, Glenorchy and Sorell sites.
The Position Description can be found below.
For further information on our Recruitment processes please visit our
For further information about this position please contact Sophie Clark, Service Centre Team Leader on 0436 409 642 or during business hours.
On commencement the successful applicant will be required to undertake our structured Safeguarding Children Training program.
Applications close WEDNESDAY, 12th JANUARY 2022, at 6.00pm.
This position is available for an immediate start and applications will be shortlisted upon receipt.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click on the ‘Apply’ link below to commence your application. You will be required to submit an up to date resume and cover letter which outlines your relevant skills for the role.
For more information about our process, check out:
PLEASE NOTE: Other vacancies that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
About Anglicare Tasmania
Anglicare Tasmania is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for positions with Anglicare Tasmania must undergo screening processes prior to a successful appointment.
Anglicare Tasmania is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Anglicare Tasmania is committed to providing an inclusive and respectful work environment where all people are valued and have equal access to opportunities to reach their full potential.