Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
The Patient Services Representative serves as a lead for front office activity. Directs the patient flow process at the physician office. Performs patient check in and appointment scheduling as assigned. Supports Central Billing Office by maintaining patient financial records at the office. Provides closure to patient visit. May support office as switchboard operator as needed.
- Provides a high level of customer service when handling telephone calls, answering messages from patients/staff and forwarding calls needing triage.
- Performs receptionist duties with close attention to detail and professionalism.
- Verifies health insurance payment information and educates patients on the applicable regulations. Collects payments and records data.
- Charge entry, which includes assigning diagnostic codes and entering all physician related and clinic charges.
- Coordinates information with Central Billing Office to ensure all charges are captured and properly collected.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
– Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
– Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
– 401(k) plan
– Tuition Assistance
– Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
– Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer