Summary Title: Registered Dietitian
ID: Laurinburg, NC
Nutrition that Works, LLC is seeking a consultant dietitian to join our team. Our opportunity is serving a Community Health facility, located in Laurinburg, NC for 40 hours/week.
Enjoy a flexible schedule and excellent pay! 1 day per week onsite is required, remaining hours can be remote!
Position includes: * Provides comprehensive nutritional care for individuals attending health department Maternity, Child Health and Family Planning clinics or referrals from private providers.
- Assesses pertinent anthropometric, biochemical, clinical dietary, and eco-social data.
- Develops an individualized plan of nutrition care.
- Counsels and educates individuals and their families on nutritional needs, sources of nutrients, and food selection to meet those needs.
- Follow-ups on nutritional care with comprehensive nutritional assessment, especially for the high medical need or nutritional risk. Develops diets specific for caloric intake of diabetic clients.
- Refers individuals to other health providers, social and community agencies.
- Evaluates eligibility for WIC according to categorical, residence, income and medical/nutritional risk criteria.
- If eligible, prescribes appropriate food packages, and orients individuals to the program.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and their health care providers to coordinate nutritional care as part of a comprehensive care package.
- Documents all aspects of nutritional care in the medical record following the health department records manual protocol.
- Credentialed by the CDR
- Dietetic licensure
- Positive attitude
- Client centered
- Good communication skills
Nutrition that Works, LLC has provided Registered Dietitian services to health care communities for over 15 years. Check out our team’s testimonials and apply on our website: www.consultantdietitians.com