This is an amazing full-time position on site at our medical office in downtown San Francisco.
The Patient Care Coordinators at My Doctor Medical Group are responsible for ensuring our patients have a 5-star experience from their first inquiring phone call through their ongoing medical care with us. A star-quality coordinator will have an upbeat personality, a desire to help, a keen intellect, meticulous attention to detail and a genuine love for people of all types. The PCC will find satisfaction in the drive for perfection, will embrace the practice philosophies, enjoy a team-based approach to work and appreciate our elegant work environment in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
About My Doctor Medical Group: We believe people deserve more control over their health and health care. My Doctor Medical Group is a next-generation concierge medical practice, designed for proactive people who value high quality care and want a collaborative relationship with their doctor. We provide a higher standard of primary medical care, specialty medical care, mental health care and addiction treatment to a diverse clientele. Our team is responsive, technology-enabled, and developing a better alternative to the standard assembly-line health care system. Our practice is committed to a philosophy of serving our patients optimally, with excellent communication, meticulous customer service, unwavering ethical standards and diligent follow-through at all times. We are an out-of-network, fee-for-service, membership-based practice.
Our Team: Dr. Paul Abramson is a Stanford engineer and UCSF-trained medical doctor on a mission to provide a best-case medical practice scenario by mixing innovative methods with old-school medical traditions and professionalism. Dr. Deena Neff MD is a UCSF-trained medical doctor with a broad background from hospital medicine to integrative medicine. Our clinical team also includes a psychologist, a marriage and family therapist, an acupuncturist and 11 registered nurses (doing our COVID testing for international travelers). Our administrative team includes five patient care coordinators and a practice manager.
The Opportunity: This is an outstanding opportunity to join a cohesive team operating at a high level of professionalism. As a customer service specialist, operations team member, and medical assistant, you will be able to make a difference in the lives of many appreciative patients, while gaining broad exposure to the operations of a complex medical practice.
- Demonstrated experience delivering front-line customer service, including in person, on the phone, and via electronic communication, to a discerning clientele;
- Ability to provide high-level communication with a smile even in challenging situations;
- Work experience in a medical practice environment;
- Quick with technology, familiarity with cloud based platforms such as Google Workspace and Zendesk.
- A degree from a four-year college or university.
Skills Required: Detail Orientation, Teamwork, Customer Service, Computer and Technology Savvy, Medical Practice Interest, Telephone Skills, Multi-tasking, Problem-Solving Skills, Self-Starter, Professionalism, Time Management, Listening, Quality Focus, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Legal Compliance.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities and Opportunities Include:
- Respond to patient needs with excellent customer service skills both verbal and written;
- Demonstrate a high degree of punctuality, follow through, motivation and attention to detail;
- Show initiative, teamwork and ownership of tasks and projects;
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with a diverse clientele;
- Meticulously adhere to our practice policies and procedures, as well as privacy regulations;
- Coordinate calendars of multiple providers using various computer/cloud interface systems;
- Handle patient ledgers and accounts with a high degree of accuracy;
- Prepare electronic medical charts for the providers in advance of appointments;
- Coordinate patient care between our office and other medical offices, pharmacies and treatment programs;
- Inventory and stocking of medical supplies;
- Create and maintain an inviting and professional atmosphere in the public, patient and private areas of the office;
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and practice information at all times;
- Participate in general staff meetings and patient-specific case management conferences;
- Collaborate with other staff and medical providers;
- Participate in our systems for feedback and professional development.
Schedule: This is a full-time position on site at our office. Work hours are generally expected to be 40 hours per week, and this position has a component of administrative coverage for nights and/or weekends.
Training: On the job training will be provided, both with regards to our technology systems, standard operating procedures, and issues specific to our patient population. We have a comprehensive COVID-19 safety protocol in place.
Pay/Benefits: Compensation is hourly and will depend on experience, level of commitment and availability. Advancement in responsibility, and therefore pay, is possible and encouraged. Competitive benefits include 401(k), defined benefit/pension plan, medical, vision and dental insurance, commuter benefit and life insurance.
You may find more on our web site: .
No phone calls or direct e-mail please. All inquiries must be through this application process. This position may be most appropriate for local candidates.