For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a PATIENT CARE ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin at Aspirus Riverview Hospital. This individual provides numerous and varied support services within the Patient Care Department in the areas of receptionist, scheduler, medical records, data entry, billing and department administrative assistant. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining complete and accurate records and data. Follows office policy and provides and promotes a professional and pleasant atmosphere for employees and staff.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and general office practices normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, and courses in computer applications and medical terminology
- 3 years of office administrative experience is desired. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of office administrative experience
- Knowledge of healthcare administration principles and organizations policies and procedures
- Skilled in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate work activities, exercise initiative, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with employees, staff and the public
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm. 64 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
Aspirus Riverview Hospital & Clinics is a non-profit, community-directed health care organization based in Wisconsin Rapids. It includes Aspirus Riverview Hospital, Aspirus Doctors Clinic & Walk-In Care, Aspirus Riverview Clinics in Wisconsin Rapids, Nekoosa and Rome, Aspirus Heart & Vascular, Aspirus UW Cancer Center, Aspirus Riverview Wound & Hyperbarics, Aspirus Riverview Joint Center, Aspirus Riverview Therapies and Aspirus Riverview Dental.The emergency department is a Level III Trauma Center. It has been named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the United States by The Chartis Center for Rural Health four consecutive years.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wisconsin Rapids click here: