The safety of our customers, communities and team members is our first priority, so we are implementing continuous enhanced cleaning and safety protocols based on guidelines provided by the CDC and U.S. government.
Havertys provides masks and protective equipment to all employees and works to maintain social distancing practices in the workplace to ensure safety amongst our team members and Customers.
Havertys is looking for a highly motivated friendly team member who is able to work flexible retail hours and is willing to put our customers first, in order to create a positive shopping experience.
Office Team Members are an integral part of Havertys’ outstanding customer experience in our retail locations by being customer focused and working as a team. Office Team Members process customer sales, process payment transactions, answer phones, and schedule deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Balances cash fund every morning and evening
- Completed opening/closing procedure checklists daily
- Prepares reconciles bank deposits
- Processes customers’ sales and payments accurately
- Maintains an organized and secure office environment
- Answers incoming calls, distributes calls/messages, manages stores voicemail
- Handles customer complaints, initiates and follows up on existing customer service tickets
- Reviews Outstanding Customer Transactions
- Verifies scheduled deliveries are in the appropriate status to be routed
- Schedules deliveries
- Ensures POs are present for out of stock product
- Contacts customers when products have arrived locally for pickup
- Files and/or prepares daily paperwork
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years’ experience actively working with the public in a customer service position, preferably in retail.
- One to three years of monetary or cash handling experience highly preferred, i.e., Banking, Customer Service, Data Entry, Office Administration, Medical Records, etc.
- Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- General computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and O365 preferred
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organized
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to work independently while using discretion
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.