- Disinfects clinical surfaces and equipment at the beginning of the day and after each patient.
- Greets patient to the examination room.
- Takes and documents medical history from patient.
- Screens patients for the risk of falls, nutritional deficiency, and functional risk.
- Takes and documents vital signs.
- Triage patients at the emergency room to categorize their emergency status.
- Performs minor wound dressings.
- Monitors patients under observation.
- Prepares and administers intramuscular and intravenous medications under aseptic conditions.
- Escorts patients in the ambulance.
- Ensures patients’ dignity during examinations and procedures.
- Assists physicians in performing patients’ examinations and procedures.
- Closely follows infection control guidelines for managing patients and their body fluids.
- withdraws blood from patients for laboratory investigations in the emergency room.
- Performs point of care tests.
- Brings used instruments to the dirty utility rooms.
- Monitors stocks of consumable material to ensure an uninterrupted supply.
- Keeps an inventory of medical equipment.
The employee’s duties are not limited to the above-mentioned accountabilities. The manager can assign other duties based on the business need.
Position Relationship with Other Parties:
- Laboratory technicians