We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00014941
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Children’s Ambulatory South MS Clinic
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Medical Office Assistant-Pediatrics-Gulfport
Job Summary: To assist physicians and other primary health care providers with clerical, financial and other general medical office operations in ambulatory practice. To work in support of clinic operations performing medical office, billing and clinical duties as may be required in a specific clinic.
Education & Experience
High school diploma/GED required and completion of a formal Medical Office Assistant or equivalent training program, such as but not limited to: Certified Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, or Licensed Practical Nurse with no clinic experience or, high school diploma/GED required and two (2) years experience in a healthcare setting. Passing score of (eighty) 80% or better on customer service assessment test.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general medical office procedures. Good telephone skills. Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to multi-task. Ability to type 35 wpm. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft word. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff. Verbal and written communication skills. General understanding and application of basic accounting principles.
- Performs administrative duties such as answering telephones, greeting patients, pulling, updating and filing patient medical records, verifying patient demographic and insurance information, scheduling appointments, and performing billing and bookkeeping.
- Checks-in patients, assists with patient histories, checks accuracy of patient information, prepares charts, may be called upon to chaperone or assist provider during examinations and other patient care activities, performs billing and other general medical office procedures in accordance with established protocols of a particular clinic.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established guidelines. Assists with scheduling, coding and billing of medical procedures and/or ambulatory surgical procedures.
- Arranges examining room equipment; cleans rooms and escorts patient to and from assigned room in clinic. Disposes contaminated supplies; maintains stocks of medical supplies and medications as appropriate to the clinic.
- Performs administrative duties such as answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patient medical records, verifying demographic and insurance information, scheduling appointments, and performing billing and bookkeeping.
- Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods. Adheres to HIPAA, OSHA, infection control, and medical records compliance regulatory requirements.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, frequent kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, constant reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 07/19/2021
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified): 07/31/2021