HonorHealth is looking for a Medical Assistant to support the NEW Integrative Medicine Clinic that specializes in Holistic Care visible from the Arizona 101 off N Pima Center Pkwy. This is a new clinic that will support those patients who are looking for a more health and wellness approach to care (holistic). There will be a Provider, MAs, Reg Sched, Acupuncturist, a Massage Therapist, Practice Manager a Yoga Instructor with a complete yoga studio on site. Treatments for hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, COPD and asthma will be available. The ideal candidate must meet the minimum requirements that include a HSD/GED, current BLS card along with either being Certified or Registered or completion of a Medical Assistant program from an accredited institution or from a United States Armed Forces medical services training program. To ensure your success in the role the following soft skills would be value-added to the role which include being patient centric, a good communicator with great customer service skills and an outgoing personality. This is a new and exciting sphere of medicine and we would like you to join our team. The hours for this role are Monday – Friday; 8a to 5p. Candidate must have one (1) year of MA experience to be eligible for the bonus.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
As a community healthcare system, we have a unique responsibility to keep our facilities as safe as possible to protect our patients and team members. With this in mind, we require all new hires to have received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before their start date and be scheduled for their second dose. New hires who choose to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine only need one dose to fulfill this requirement. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Medical Assistant provides general front and back office support to professional staff. Escorts patients to exam rooms. Maintains clean, neat and well-stocked exam rooms. Must have knowledge of medical front and back office procedures. Provides quality phone service by scheduling patients or referring caller to appropriate party. Answers phone messages from patients promptly. Maintains patient information that is accurate and charts/paperwork are filed correctly. Maintains medical records.
Under the direction of a Provider, the Medical Assistant performs a variety of duties in connection with the examination and treatment of patients. May be assigned to a specialist. The MA takes a pro-active approach utilizing available resources to best serve the patient population. Performs a variety of clerical support duties including receptionist, telephone, scheduling, message management and data input. Utilizes knowledge and skill to provide appropriate care in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and protocols and Arizona validated competencies. The MA works in a team model to improve the patient’s experience, create better communication and access to care, and support processes that will improve patient satisfaction.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Escorts the patient to the examining room, obtains a brief history, documents chief complaint takes vital signs to include weight and temperature. Preps the patient for exam, assists the physician/clinician on exams and any special procedures.
- May travel to off site locations to perform diagnostic testing and assist in physical exam components, TB testing, Injections, phlebotomy and others.
- May administer and record injections and TB testing under the supervision and order of the physician.
- Performs venipuncture and obtains specimens, performs CLIA waived lab tests. Performs office procedures including, but not limited to, PFT, UDS, EBT, EKG, fit testing, within the scope of practice as directed by provider.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, pharmacy and others; documents and relays information to provider for action. Phones pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, telephone, chart maintenance, insurance forms and scheduling.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals. Provides appropriate referrals to case management for employees.Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B prior to start date Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) BLS Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card – State Have a current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required