The Front Office Supervisor manages all areas of the front desk. This includes personnel management, training and daily activities of front desk staff. The Front Office Supervisor is responsible to create workflows that create a positive patient experience. The supervisor does this by working side by side with staff and leading by example. The Front Office Supervisor typically work Monday- Friday 8am -5pm, but hours may vary based on business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time.
1. Responsible to manage front desk operations on a daily basis. Including scheduling of staff, staff development and training.
2. Accountable for following and enforcing the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability
3. Responsible to be the first line to handle complaints and concerns from patients and staff.
4. Responsible for greeting incoming patients in a friendly and professional manner.
5. Completes administrative duties that ensure the patient’s visit is smooth, billing can be processed timely and accurately, and front office remains clutter free and organized.
6. Responsible to ensure co pays and balances due are collected at the time of visit and in accordance with patient insurance guidelines.
7. Ensure the lobby/front desk area are kept clean and organized.
8. Performs clerical activities related to appointment scheduling and patient intake, data verification, office communications, and filing of patient records
9. Prepares the office for opening and cleans up at the end of the day (also includes help rotating schedule for break room)
10. Coordinate front office meetings.
11. Follows all OMG standards, policies and procedures and/or government guidelines. Including HIPAA and privacy laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
- 1-2 years of experience in a physician office or clinical environment
- Customer Service Experience
- Strong computer skills required
- Some college – medical, business, accounting focus
- Supervisor experience preferred
- Current CPR card
- EMR experience preferred-Athenahealth practice management system
This position has supervisory responsibilities for front office staff.
JOB ELEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.