The Dietitian Assistant provides nutrition care and education to the patients on assigned nursing units under the direction of a Registered/Licensed Dietitian.
Bachelors Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Eligible to sit for the registration exam administered by the Commission on Dietitic Registration.
Satisfactory completion of approved dietetic internship.
- Provides basic nutrition care services on assigned patient units under the direction of a Registered/Licensed Dietitian (nutrition care includes facilitating patient visitation, taking diet histories, screening for nutrition status, instructing patients on modified diets as prescribed, and recording pertinent information in the patient’s medical record).
- Educates pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients toward a nutritionally balanced diet. Is aware of patient level of comprehension so that it may be understood and followed.
- Monitors food quality.
- Effectively and accurately utilizes the current diet manual.
- Participates in the scheduled test tray program.
- Actively participates with other disciplines in unit interdisciplinary care conferences.
- Provides continual monitoring of patients on assigned nursing units to ensure quality of nutrition care services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.