Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 157431
Employment Status: Regular – Part Time
We’re seeking breakthrough makers! Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was built on the belief that we can change lives. Today, in every role throughout our hospital, research institute and care network, the 22,000 members of our workforce are finding new ways – big and small – to make a difference for the patients and families we serve.
If you are ready to challenge yourself, be inspired and grow – no matter what your role – you just may be the kind of breakthrough maker who will thrive at CHOP.
This role performs various modalities of cardiac ultrasound including transthoracic echo, stress echo, and assistance in transesophageal echo.
This role is also accountable for the preparation of preliminary interpretation reports, billing procedures, study transmittal and coverage of satellite sites.
This role demonstrates advanced knowledge of pediatric echo and a higher level of ability, performance and competencies.
- Perform echocardiograms in accordance with lab standards while meeting daily volume expectations. Responds to emergent exams is a timely manner. Follows department workflows for reporting, billing and standard daily performance.
- Ensures patient care is provided in clean, safe, quiet, and secure environment. Renders excellent patient care to patients and families. All hospital related interactions are courteous and confidential and in accordance with HIPPAA regulations. Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to deliver developmental and age-appropriate care to patients.
- Participates in staff meetings, research studies, quality assurance activities and working groups. Cooperates and assists in obtaining institutional, divisional and departmental initiatives and goals.
- Assists in the teaching of students, fellows and new technicians.
- Follows the policies, procedures and cost-control standards of the hospital as well as department specific policies and procedures.
- May be asked to travel to other locations
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer [RDCS] in pediatric echocardiography from ARDMS or Registered Cardiac Sonographer [RCS or RCCS] from CCI within one (1) year of placement into the role.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Required Experience: Two (2) years of pediatric echocardiography experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Graduate of a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs [CAAHEP] accredited cardiovascular program.
Preferred Experience: Five (5) years of pediatric echocardiography experience.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of ultrasound physics and instrumentation of ultrasound systems.
- Advanced knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology and pathology.
- Advanced knowledge of transthoracic echocardiography.
- Advanced proficiency in operation of ultrasound equipment and digital reporting software.
- Participation in national, international or original research studies.
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations
To carry out its mission, it is of critical importance for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to keep our patients, families and workforce safe and healthy and to support the health of our global community. In keeping with this, CHOP has mandated all workforce members on site at any CHOP location for any portion of their time be vaccinated for COVID-19. This mandate also applies to workforce members performing work for CHOP at non-CHOP locations. The CHOP COVID-19 vaccine mandate is in alignment with applicable local, state and federal mandates.
CHOP also requires all workforce members who work in patient care buildings or who provide patient care to receive an annual influenza vaccine. Employees may request exemption consideration for CHOP vaccine requirements for valid religious and medical reasons.
Please note start dates may be delayed until candidates are fully immunized or valid exemption requests are reviewed. In addition, candidates other than those in positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, must attest to not using tobacco products.
EEO / VEVRAA Federal Contractor