Under direction of licensed nursing staff and coordinator, provides general clerical duties, reception duties and requisition of supplies, equipment, and services from other departments. Assists in maintaining the general function of the Nursing Station.
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrates accurate and timely order processing according to hospital policy.
- Correctly schedules tasks, exams and procedure in sequence, including preps and assuring all required information is sent with processed orders.
- Assembles, disassembles, and maintains patient medical record per unit standard. Orders forms and supplies as directed.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal inter and intra department communication maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates Customer Focus and SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
- Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes including National Patient Safety Goals and compliance to Restraint/Seclusion policies and procedures
- Collaborates with manager to order and maintain appropriate supplies and floor stock.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued self-growth and maintenance of computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Chain of Command process and initiates as needed.
- Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies required for job classification
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: 1 Year Medical related experience such as: Doctors’ office receptionist, Medical Office Assistant, Lab Tech, Pharmacy Tech, EKG Tech, previous WS experience, OR 1 year medical related college education; or 2 years of experience as a Nursing Aide or ED Assistant
Skills & Abilities: Successful completion of the Desk Secretary Class and Orientation, familiarity with computer keyboard required. Good communication and interpersonal skills.