Sign-On Bonus Offered!
Mason Dental is proud that our focus on patients has driven a positive patient experience, best in class employee and dentist retention and satisfaction, as well as substantial growth in our practices. This is an opportunity for you to thrive in an efficient office environment with an outstanding dental team that is well trained and highly motivated. If you enjoy working in a clinically focused, patient centric, fully digital dental office, then we encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, dedicated Dental Assistant to join our team. The Dental Assistant ensures that quality patient care is a priority. Dental Assistants are an essential part of the team that help the dentist to set up equipment, educate and prepare patients for treatment, aid the dentist in the safe and efficient execution of procedures and record and document procedures as directed by the Practice Leader.
Schedule: Tues-Fri 8a-5p
- Greet and prepare patients for treatment in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner
- Sterilize and prepare instruments for tray setups prior to dental procedures.
- Take diagnostic digital imaging as prescribed by the dentists.
- Practicing within the legal scope of assistant duties with or without certification.
- Maintain meticulous records on patient charts and documents.
- Breakdown rooms according to infection control protocols between patients.
- Communicate patient and equipment needs with coworkers
- Work with and maintain all dental equipment
- Positively contribute to respectful and collaborative working environment with coworkers
- Facilitate patient comfort, care, and satisfaction at all times
- Present to work during scheduled shifts (see office manual for specifics)
Education and Experience
- At least one year of dental assisting experience
- Current CPR certification
- Other State License/Certification Requirements based on the state you are employed
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certification preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending
- Must be able to lift <15 pounds at times
Our Mission & Values: Drive All Decisions and Actions “Committed to improving lives one smile at a time”
1) Commitment – Provide exceptional care and a WOW experience to our patients
2) Collaboration – We accomplish more together than individually
3) Communication – Clear expectations and feedback to our patients and team members
4) Cultivation – Mentorship, education and training to empower leaders at the practice level
5) Continuity – Develop lifelong patient and team relationships
6) Community – Strong presence in the communities in which we are located