~ 36 Hours a week ~
Waldo County General Hospital has an immediate need for a full time Cardiac Sonographer to join our care team. This is complex clinical diagnostic work performing ultrasound for use in the evaluation and treatment of patients. Position performs both adult and pediatric imaging. Work is performed independently and is reviewed by the Cardiologists through adherence to established procedures and protocols and by observation and discussion of results achieved.
Waldo County General Hospital is a 2017 Becker’s Hospital Review Critical Access Hospital to Know that operates as a family of services with Waldo County Medical Partners and Penobscot Shores Retirement Community. Waldo County General Hospital is part of the Coastal Healthcare Alliance and the MaineHealth system.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) * Education: Knowledge of Cardiac anatomy and physiology as well procedures and equipment at a level generally acquired through completion of an approved program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and 6 to 12 months of experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must be board registered.
- License/Certifications: Must be trained in CPR with a valid card.
- Experience: See “Education”
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- Knowledge of ultrasound techniques, procedures and equipment as well as ability to identify pathologies.
- Analytical ability to identify and characterize pathology, appropriately image pathology and identify areas requiring further testing. Must analyze quality of scan.
- Ability to allay apprehension of patients and elicit their cooperation to ensure highest quality ultrasound. Must be able to communicate effectively with Cardiologist or physician when discussing such procedures.
- Must be able to use printers, fax, phone and multiple computer programs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
We offer benefits that support an individual’s needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave (available at most locations), retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.