Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About the Bureau of Motor Vehicles:
The BMV’s mission is to serve all Hoosiers by providing best-in-class driver and vehicle services in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring security and transparency. The BMV team works throughout the state of Indiana and are dedicated to fostering an environment where we
- Invest in our employees
- Engage our customers
- Provide sustainable systems
- Embrace product innovation
Hear from BMV team members about why they chose to work at the BMV and how their careers have taken off!
About the Job
As an Assistant Branch Managers, you will direct the workflow of Customer Service Representatives and assist with the overall duties and responsibilities of the branch. In this position, you will work alongside leadership to train, develop, and mentor Customer Service Representatives
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Assist in overseeing the branch’s day-to-day operations.
- Conduct meetings with branch staff.
- Assist leadership with scheduling for the branch.
- Assist with the daily opening and closing of the branch.
- Complete weekly reports.
- Complete daily records for all balances and deposits.
- Aid leadership in the resolution of escalated customer complaints.
- Partner with Branch Manager and HR staff to ensure training, development, evaluation, and discipline is completed in accordance with policy.
- Monitor BMV inventory and office supplies.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time
What You’ll Need for Success:
This role must have the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalent (HSE).
- Two (2) years of experience as a manager in a service industry.
- Ability to communicate exceptionally with all variety of employees and customers.
- Experience with writing reports and presenting.
- A high level of critical thinking and the ability to troubleshoot.
- A drive to assist with the training and development of BMV employees.
- Ability to travel up to 20 percent of the time to branch locations, training, or branch-related community activities.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.