At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our ‘family’ at Sanctuary Care, whether that’s our staff, residents or family members.
Bank Care Assistant Days
Pinewood Residential Care Home, 96 Manford Way, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 4DA
£10.00 – £10.31 per hour (new to care or bags of experience, it’s your heart that counts)
Hours as and when required
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Pinewood Residential Care Home all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can ‘feel’ the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Pinewood Residential Care Home is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
At Pinewood Residential Care Home, our activities leader Lorraine Erich was proud to be shortlisted for the London regional finals of the Great British Care Awards 2018, for the Care Home Activity Organiser Award. The award is for someone who shows ‘exceptional skills and creativity’ when it comes to providing activities. Lorraine, who has worked at the care home for 27 years, has inspired the rest of the team to value the importance of activities when it comes to fulfilling the lives of their residents and making sure they are happy and engaged. Part of the nomination for her award read: “One resident would not spend time with any other residents and nobody could persuade her otherwise. She loved to knit but said she couldn’t do it because of her arthritis. Lorraine got her some wider needles and persuaded her to try – she has been knitting ever since! Lorraine then set up Pinewood’s knitting circle, which this lady helps run.”
Are you our next Care Assistant? Here’s more about the role:
- First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day – let’s get stuck in
- It’s very simple – if we can be the best Care Assistant we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we’re all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You’ll also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Season ticket loan available (Oystercard) (only for London and Westminster Homes)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
The reference number for this position is 152142
Closing date: 01 February 2022
To join Sanctuary Care you will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and Influenza prior to commencing employment, unless you are medically exempt. You will be required to provide evidence of all vaccinations as part of the recruitment process.
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.