We are looking for a motivated and energetic Assistant Property Manager to join our team at one of our beautiful apartment communities, located in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Michigan!
Compensation: $50-$55K + Bonus Potential
As the Assistant Community Manager, you will have the privilege of assisting the Community Manager to take full accountability and ownership for your community and the satisfaction of the residents in the community. The model candidate has a solid track record of bookkeeping and rent collection.
- Receiving and recording monthly rent payments and security deposits from residents
- Making daily bank deposits of receipts
- Handling all collection activities for the community by computing, typing and delivering monthly statements to residents
- Coordinating the eviction process
- Monitoring the history of security deposits, calculating term interest, refund status and maintenance/repair deductions
- Requesting security deposit refunds as needed
- Reconciling and balancing accounts and resident ledgers
- Monitoring the leasing and maintenance activity as needed
- Providing leasing support as needed including showing units to prospective residents apartments and explaining occupancy terms
- Receiving and handling resident requests and concerns
- Experience with hands-on rent collections and bookkeeping
- Proficiency in advanced computer software
- Experience with MRI is preferred
- You must have a passion for lifelong learning and prefer an entrepreneurial environment with a high degree of empowerment
Who we are:
McKinley Companies, LLC, founded in 1968, is a proven leader in all aspects of investment real estate. McKinley specializes in solving complex real estate problems for its own portfolio and select clientele. By creatively applying its solid track record of success, McKinley generates value and profits from even the most challenging real estate assets.
Who we REALLY are:
We are a THRIVING and GROWING property management company that lives for challenges and celebrates the successes of one and all. We are a team that can accomplish anything (seriously, anything!) and we accomplish our goals through drive, flexibility, commitment and resourcefulness…and thorough an extreme distaste for the words “that’s not possible”. We depend on our employees to not just do their jobs, but to go above and beyond for our residents, our partners and for each other every single day. Join us – and see what teamwork is REALLY all about.
We LOVE our employees!
McKinley believes that our people are one of our most important assets, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pre-Paid legal service, ongoing professional and much more!
McKinley Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment in all locations. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.