- Join one of the largest retailers in the world
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Based at Olympic Park, Sydney
Reporting to the Accountant, the main responsibility of this role will be supporting the day to day Accounting functions of the business , month end closing and reconciliations.
You will be part of a diverse and dynamic team where you will be encouraged to use your initiative and take on additional responsibilities to allow you to progress and expand your skills.
This role will suit an energetic, flexible and motivated person keen to make a valuable contribution to the team.
- Conducting end to end month end closing and reporting process
- Reviewing accounts to calculate and make appropriate accruals
- Maintaining integrity of general ledger by ensuring that all journals posted are complete, accurate and substantiated
- Researching, understanding and interpreting accounting standards and apply knowledge on day to day workings
- Providing commentaries for variances between actual, forecast and rolling budgets
- Assisting with monthly forecasting and annual budget preparation
- Preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations with required supporting documentation and follow up with outstanding items
- Possess thorough understanding of lease accounting standard, preparation of lease schedules and workings
- Responding to enquiries from both internal and external sources
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- 3 year + experience as assistant accountant or similar role
- Degree qualification in accounting
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to apply knowledge of accounting principles, research and resolve issues
- Initiative, motivated and good team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised and take responsibility of own performance
- Will suit someone who has strong work ethics
Full COVID-19 vaccination or medical contraindications
Available to the successful candidate
In return, this role offers a great culture and working environment, and opportunities for career growth and progression.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this position is for you.
Job Ref: AU2068H.000289
Location: Sydney – West