Proudly Australian, Sonic HealthPlus is now the largest provider of corporate medicine in the country. With a national network of wholly owned metropolitan and remote clinics, we deliver Occupational Health, General Practice and integrated medical, paramedical and wellness services to both large and small corporate and community groups.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A fantastic opportunity exists for an Assistant Accountant to join our established Finance team at Head Office in Osborne Park, WA. This is a full-time position, working 38 hours per week. This role is responsible for supporting Sonic HealthPlus to meet its objectives and plans through the provision of a high level accounts service, achieved through processing and certifying accounts. Reporting directly to the Management Accountant, you are required to assist with ensuring correctness and compliance with accounting procedures and policies.
The core responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist Management Accountant in completing month end processes
- Assist with completion of Bank Reconciliation for Central Head Office Account and clinics
- Complete daily journals for Accounts receivable
- Responsible for the fixed asset register
- Preparation of monthly accruals
- General accounts administration duties
- Maintaining and building relationships with our internal customers
The successful candidate will have the ability to manage a variety of tasks and customer demands and enjoy working as part of a team. You will have an ‘eye’ for detail and a desire to provide the best quality service to our clients as well as our internal and external staff.
Attributes & experience required for the role:
- Bachelor of Business or Commerce with Accounting Major
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Reliability and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with general supervision
- High standard of customer service
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables & use of if statements and look up functions
WHY JOIN US?
- Ongoing training and development
- Stable, reputable national healthcare provider (part of the global Sonic Healthcare)
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Rewards Program – including significant retail discounts and offers
- Numerous discounts including travel, gym membership and health insurance options
- Novated Leasing
- Discounted fees for various medical services e.g. pathology, radiology and travel health
- Employee Assistance Program
- Focus on corporate social responsibility e.g. fundraising, supporting community events
Subject to eligibility criteria
At Sonic HealthPlus we offer a positive workplace culture, close team networks and a supportive work environment. We encourage our employees to have an enjoyable and rewarding career with an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
As part of our pre-employment process, preferred candidates must provide a National Police Clearance conducted within the last 3 months and evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination status.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately. You are encouraged to apply promptly as applications will close when suitable applicants are obtained.
Sonic Health Plus