Emory Healthcare is currently hiring CRNA’s and AA’s for Registry Anesthetist positions in our Ambulatory Practice in LaGrange, Georgia.
- Under the direction of an anesthesiologist, assists in the administration of general and regional anesthesia to surgical and non-surgical procedure patients.
- Performs initial acute cardio-pulmonary resuscitation in life-threatening situations or as directed by a physician.
- Interprets and records patient’s physiological and pharmacological status.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist in gathering routine pre-op data.
- Instructs others in principles and practices of anesthesia, respiratory care and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as directed by the anesthesiologist.
- Assists in research projects as carried out by an Anesthesiologist.
- Establishes multi-parameter monitoring of patient prior to, during and after anesthesia or in other acute care situations, including ECG, direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas determinations, hematocrits, and routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Establishes other monitoring as may be developed for anesthesia and intensive care use.
- Manages pre- and post-anesthetic care, including ventilatory support of patients as assigned by an Anesthesiologist.
- Manages ventilators and other respiratory care parameters as directed by the physician.
- Master’s degree in Anesthesia or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia
- Certified by National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assts (NCCAA) and Nat’l Bd of Med Examiners (NBME)
- Must maintain biannual certification through the submission of Continuing Medical Education credits (CMEs)
- Georgia licensure as Anesthesiologist Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- BLS certification required
- Based on established hospital/department/unit standards, employees may not perform all duties listed in this job description.