Position Title Administration Assistant
Employment Type Permanent Part Time
Location Yarra Ranges Health
Award Classification Administrative Officers (10) (Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020) – Admin Officer Gr 01
Hours (per fortnight) 60.80
Applications from Recruitment agencies will not be accepted
The successful applicant to this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment Police Check.
- Permanent, Part Time (4 days per week)
- Yarra Ranges Health, Lilydale
- Generous salary packaging options
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
You will be joining a small team of dedicated administration assistants who work tirelessly to support clients and clinical staff who access these services.
The role is primarily administrative with some customer service dealing with general enquiries.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Knowledge of medical terminology (is essential)
- Medical audio-typing skills (highly desirable)
- The ability to work closely with our rehabilitation teams and work collaboratively with a diverse range of health professionals
- Excellent communication skills and have advanced customer service and interpersonal skills
- The capacity to work well within a team, multi task and prioritise workload
- An excellent eye for detail and enjoy contributing to a high standard of data entry and accuracy
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- A strong commitment to high quality care
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. This offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range !
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
- Applications will be screened upon receipt
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**
**Prevous applicants need not apply**
Selection Criteria Essential: Have you got knowledge of medical terminology?
Desirable: Do you have medical audio typing skills?
Contact Person Joanne Prosenak
Contact Number (03) 8706 9614
Alternate Contact Person BIRGITTE BOWERS
Alternate Contact Number (04) 3460 5307
Closing Date 02/02/2022
Position Description Administration Assistant HS1 2021.pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.