St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia’s leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Department
The Acute Inpatient Service, through a multidisciplinary team approach, provides ongoing specialist treatment and support to meet the identified needs of consumers who suffer with a serious mental illness and associated high level of disability in the City of Yarra and Boroondara.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced Administration Assistant interested in working within the Acute Inpatient team of a designated mental health service.
You are an experienced and skilled Administration Assistant with high level communication skills, who is looking for an opportunity to demonstrate their talent within this varied and busy role.
Classification for this position is YC88 ($58,442 per annum pro rata).
- The Administration Assistant will be familiar with the policies relating to Admission and Discharges and Mental Health Tribunal as stipulated by the Department of Health
- The Administration Assistant must have the ability to relate to staff, patients and others in the workplace both verbally and in writing
- Provide support to AIS medical staff to ensure discharge summaries are completed and dispatched in a timely manner
- The Administration Assistant must maintain a high level of customer service and professional standards at all times
- Act as a front line contact for the Service by providing a responsive and professional reception function
- All documentation, information and data management are managed in systems that are highly functional, confidential and meet the Department, Organisation and legislative requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge, experience and ability in the provision of reception functions.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to determine workload priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience in working with medical records or the ability to learn within a reasonable timeframe.
- Relevant secretarial and administrative experience, preferably in a health, university or educational setting
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Applications for this role will take you to the employer’s site.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like these Jobs in Melbourne
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2020 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 89 236 272 208 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.
Learn More & Apply