This is a International Shipboard Position on cruise ships
OneSpaWorld is a worldwide provider and innovator in the fields of beauty, wellness, rejuvenation and transformation across the globe on cruise ships and on land. The company is dedicated to maintaining the highest quality standards and service delivery and is continually evolving to include all aspects of health and beauty while focusing on new advances within the spa, salon, fitness and wellness industry. Services include traditional and alternative massage, body and skincare treatment options, Ayurvedic treatments, comprehensive hair and nail services, mindfulness programs, fitness, acupuncture, herbal medicine, pain management, and Medi-Spa.
OneSpaWorld is looking to hire acupuncturists to work in their spas on board cruise ships throughout the world. Share your knowledge of acupuncture with the global community! Meet new cultures and see the world while you gain experience in your profession. This is an incredible opportunity to earn income while traveling the world! The position is commission based with a min. guarantee. Room/board are provided as well as acupuncture supplies. Acupuncturists have their own room on board. Flights to and from the ship on your first contract are included.
An Acupuncturist administers the highest quality Acupuncture and Chinese medicine treatments to our on-board guests. They must possess a thorough knowledge of Chinese Medicine modalities (acupuncture, herbs, nutrition, etc.), and be able to communicate those concepts to guests. In addition, they must also possess a general understanding of all body treatments. They must have excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be on time for work, prompt with each appointment and to perform services within the appropriate time allocated.
- Provide consistent professional TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) services and treatments.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with scheduling, supporting the needs of the spa and guest.
- To properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost control.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law, the vessel and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Properly clean and restock room as required.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Must have acupuncture diploma or credential
- Must be able to give an effective presentation as it relates to acupuncture and TCM.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Must be a team player.
Education and Experience Requirements: United States acupuncturists must hold a current valid state license and/or be certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
Acupuncturists educated outside the
United States must have graduated from a program that is educationally equivalent to that of the United States. Degree programs are reviewed on a case by case basis and should include approximately 2000 hours worth of classroom and clinical study in the field of acupuncture.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action up to, and including, termination of employment.
- Customer focused – Make service excellence a primary focus of one’s actions; effectively meets service excellence; develops and sustains positive and productive service excellence; and takes responsibility for service excellence and loyalty.
- Builds trust – Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Influencing others and facilitating decisions – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of products, service, or ideas from prospects and guests (customers).
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Powered by JazzHR